In each country where IICD is active, we work directly with local partners in a country programme. We help our partners by identifying where ICT will have the most impact and developing projects in economic development, education and health. We also:
- Provide seed funding and project advice
- Monitor and evaluate progress
- Train and coach
- Scale up successes
- Support local efforts to shape national policies.
Our aim is to help local organisations make ICT a fundamental part of their strategy and operations so they can apply it independently and without our financial support.
How we work
Based on our experience, we have developed the following principles that guide all our work:
- Demand-responsive + local ownership – identifying practical solutions to local needs with maximum local ownership from the start
- Capacity development + learning by doing – developing local partner skills so they can execute projects independently
- Partnerships + Multi-stakeholder involvement – drawing on strengths of non-profit, public and private sectors to ensure sustainability
- Gender equity – ensuring solutions contribute to gender equity.
Want to know more? This 2-minute video describes IICD’s approach in more detail.